This piece is currently available to be shown. If you are interested in featuring the piece in a gallery or public place, please send an email to the artist at email@example.com. A project spec sheet is available here (PDF).
Philip J Likens
84 x 84 (Projection)
When does a work of art cease to be created and become generated? What is the role of the artist, the work and the viewer in an age of information and technology? evoLINEA is created to address the tension between artist, viewer, work and technology. The project allows artists to input a work, viewers to vote on the fitness of each work, and technology to genetically combine the fittest to generate new creations. Animation, genetics, social media, mobile technology – these are the tools used to address the topics at hand.
- Artists input and save digital works of art
- Mobile site allows viewers to vote on the fitness of individual works
- Evolutionary algorithm generates new works based on viewer determined fitness
- Viewing Page - View the drawings in an animated slideshow format
- Voting Page - Vote for your favorite drawings
- Drawing Page - Create your own drawings
Download a mobile QR Code reader onto your smart phone then scan the following graphic: